Thursday, February 20, 2014

To new things… ONWARD!

Here are 6 new things I'm happy to have tried in the last 2 months...

I found new beaches to walk on. I did this on vacation in Costa Rica, Santa Marta and Cartagena. And I'm looking forward to finding some when I return to Nantucket today. If you live near a beach, walk on it. This is always my '6 steps to happiness plan'. Six steps in a row on a beach.

I learned how to use an intervelometer and capture time-lapse through my Canon 6d. Knowledge is empowering and there's nothing like the feeling you get when you nailed something new- no matter how small it may be. Since I began editing films 3 years ago, I have learned so much about being patient. Something always ends up going wrong, but instead of getting upset, I look at it as an opportunity to learn a new problem solving technique, rather than wanting to throw the computer out the window.

I went zip lining in Costa Rica. Being a former gymnast and cheerleader, I thought this would be a piece of cake. The older I get, the more afraid of climbing high in the air freaks me. I ended up LOVING it! Such an awesome adrenaline experience.

I booked a trip and didn't research before I went. With the world now overflowing with travel information, it's sometimes hard to find a good start to what fits with your particular travel mindset. I remember backpacking through Europe with my Lonely Planet and everyone I met along the way had that same Lonely Planet. So I ditched a guide book on my last three trips and discovered a whole slew of cool places and people I would't have otherwise.

I galloped on a horse in Colombia! See the video here...





I started writing again. One thing I've really missed in the last two years was writing more often. I was too focused on film and didn't find a good balance. Excited to say that after working on Border Free Travels over the last few months, I feel like I'm getting back into my groove.

I'm working on a few new projects and heading into whole new areas of unknown territory.

What will you new things have you tried or will you be trying in the coming months? We'd love to know! Tweet us @BorderFreeProd or leave us a message on our Facebook: Border Free Productions
For great ideas on how to ESCAPE this winter and other outstanding business and travel tips, join my BORDER FREE newsletter here.





1 comment:

  1. Looks like a ton of fun! I can't wait to try zip lining!

    ReplyDelete